Wednesday, April 1, 2015

It Takes a BIG Heart Mixed Media Canvas

Helloooooooo!!! **I swear I can hear an echo in here** lol
So awhile back it was a dear friend of mines birthday and I'd been saving a quote in mind for something for her when I was finally able to make something for her! I promised myself awhile back that I would eventually make every one of my dear friends one of my canvas wall hangings, and it was Marianne's turn. :) I of course... left it to the last minute and well, lol ... I worked on it right up till the minute I had to leave for our monthly girls birthday lunch! It was still wet in places when I gave it to her!!!! haha!! So... I did not get a chance to photograph it before I gave it to her. So this past weekend when some of us got together again to do alittle crafting I asked her to bring it along so I could finally take a picture of it and post it on here for all to see!!!

Marianne is a teacher of little ones, and if you KNOW me IRL you know that I admire anyone who can surround themselves with other peoples children all day and not go stark raving mad (or maybe they already are.... wink wink) Anyhow, I found this quote on Pinterest of course... cause I LOVE PINTEREST... follow me here if you like it too?!?!? and knew I had to save it for Marianne.
It takes a Big Heart and alot of coffee, to teach little minds
OK so I may have added the coffee part myself... but you get the idea. hehe I found that postcard/vintage photo in some epherma I got from Limor Webber when I took one of her classes last fall, then I searched around my studio for various items one might find in a classroom like the pencils and crayons. I just LOVE making drips with my hot glue gun so I made some melting crayon.
 Now... does anyone else have this problem a lot ^^^ pictures that save sideways?? I know I rotated them in my editing software and they are saved upright but when I import them here or in FB they turn themselves back over... any advice on how to fix this? It happens almost every single time now for me.....


.... a lot!! ugh! OK... so... did you also know that my old buddies over at Southern Ridge Trading Co are now hosting monthly challenges?!?!? They are!!! I am so excited for them! And since I have used some cool, fancy stars on this canvas I am going to enter this over there on their first Anything Goes challenge!!! You should too!!!  Ok... I'm gonna fly off now and see what kind of art stuff I can get into today! :)
Happy Crafting friends!

6 comments:

Eulanda said...

OMG I LOVE IT!! Marianne must have been soooooo impressed!! WOW gorgeous!! The details right down to the crayons?!! WICKED!! Yup I've had my pics do that before and it's coming from the pic somehow. I had to actually retake the pic and discard the first one I had. Weird huh? Sooooo happy to have you be our first entry!! AND you even used chipboard so BONUS!!! WOO!!! THANK YOU thank you for joining!! HAPPY!! :) Hugs!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

I love it..may have to lift it a bit for my daughters year end gift.

Nikki W said...

Love love love. Its so vibrant, so well thought out and true ! Love it. Thanks for linking up to Southern Ridge Trading Co xxx I have missed seeing your creations x

Unknown said...

Awesome work love the detail.

Unknown said...

Awesome love your detail

Anonymous said...

Such a brilliant design and you are soooo right. I feel for the teachers that are "stuck" with my little peeps. Big hugs from SRTC and thanks so much for joining our very first challenge